Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation

Question 3.

What Kind of Media Institution Might Distribute Your Media Product and Why?


There are a lot of things that will have to be considered after the designing of the campaign website is complete. The distribution for my website will be on the internet and the World Wide Web (WWW). This will be done at a charge for my website to be distributed so that all can see it through 'Google'. The cost of the distribution can range in price from nothing, if you are the only provider of the website, to a chosen cost from the company if you have somebody else to host it. The reason that this is the best way for people to view my website is because most people nower days have access to the internet and the search engine 'Google,' this means they are able to view my website at ease having already the software needed. It is also very quick, loading in a few seconds and now with all these new smart phones out you are able to have access to the internet in your pocket in most places.

A Domain name is what the viewer will type into the internet to view my website or any type of website. That is why a domain name should be easy to read and remember. I will make the name of my website a name that a person could understand for example 'Roberto's Media Blog' instead of a name for the computer which is a whole load of numbers, letters and symbols that is extremely hard to understand. When choosing the name of my Domain I had to choose a name that people are likely to search or remember. This is why I felt it was best to choose my own name for simplicity. A domain site can end in .com, .net, .org, Info, .us, .biz etc.

At a higher cost you are able to register your website with a better known, big company such as Register.com. Although they all provide the same service, having a well known company linking in with your website means that the viewers could possible view it more.
I will publish my website through iweb onto my schools media site called rwsmedia. This means that it is free for me to use and it will mean that it will be able to be shown on Google which means it will be easily viewed by millions of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment